On 12.11.2009 10:48, Javier Barroso wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:00 AM, hadi motamedi <motamed...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry . I do not send any message to you Gentlemen before searching in
>> Google . But my specific question is why my crontab settings vanish when my
>> Debian server gets rebooted ? I want to set it to be automaticallt rebooted
>> at 2:00 A.M. each day . But after the first reboot my crontab job will
>> disappear . I asked you to see if you can help me in this regard .
>> Sorry bothering you and thank you in advance
> Then you should explain better your problem, your solution in August
> (that which put crontab in local.rc) was not fine.
>
> Use /etc/cron.d/ directory to schedule this task.

That's strange... I use crontab.txt file in my home directory and
command crontab crontab.txt to activate it. It stays active after any
number of reboots. /etc/cron.d works very fine also, of course.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

This will be a memorable month -- no matter how hard you try to forget it.