Andrei Popescu <andreimpope...@gmail.com> writes:

> It's all in the manpage, but here you go:
>
> hyundai:
>
> allow-hotplug eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
>       address 192.168.A.X
>       netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> acer:
>
> allow-hotplug eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
>       address 192.168.A.Y
>       netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> A is a number in the range 0-255 and has to be the same on both
> computers. X and Y are numbers in the range 1-254 and have to be
> different.

Thanks.

As suggested, on hyundai I edited /etc/network/interfaces as follows:

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0

, and on acer:

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.2
        netmask 255.255.255.0

Then I rebooted the two pcs, connected with a crosslink cable, and from hyundai
I did:

 $ rsync -vru --delete ssh://192.168.0.2/home/rodolfo/test1 /home/rodolfo/

but got error:

ssh: ssh: Temporary failure in name resolution
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(453) [receiver=2.6.9]

What did I miss??

Thanks again,
Rodolfo