On Sunday 24 January 2010 03:31:02 Alex Samad wrote:
> I did some more research, amazingly I found more stuff than before...
> Seems like cryptosetup has a resize options
>
> so for me
>
> lvresize <partition>
> cryptosetup resize <partition>

While a backup is recommended in these cases, I haven't taken one yet when
resizing lvs or reiserfs filesystems.  That doesn't stop me from recommending
you take a backup.

IIRC, your setup is:
Disk(s) -> LVM -> LVs -> LUKS -> crypto (block) devices -> ext2/3/4 ->
filesystem

After you've told LVM to grow the LV (lvresize) and LUKS to grow the crypto
device (cyptosetup resize) you'll probably need to tell ext2/3/4 to grow the
filesystem (resize2fs [offline][1]).

[1] IIRC, there's a utility to do growing while the filesystem is mounted,
like I do for reiserfs.
b...@iguanasuicide.net                  ((_/)o o(\_))