<e5ylm-7ry...@gated-at.bofh.it>
<e5zy9-cm...@gated-at.bofh.it> <e5axg-2q7...@gated-at.bofh.it>
<e5eet-7l...@gated-at.bofh.it>

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 06:11:38PM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:

[..]

> > > I don't know if my video card takes care of that, but I find that
> > > moving the cursor, scrolling, etc. is noticeably faster on a
> > > framebuffer console than on the vga console. Mind you, since the
> > > vesa driver does not support my display's native 1400x1050, I use
> > > the atyfb driver. So I'm not sure how it would handle if I used the
> > > vga=xxx modes.

> > do you know if there is still a limitation of using the nvidia
> > framebuffer and the nvidia binary driver ?

[..]

> > --
> > You will be the victim of a bizarre joke.

> :-)

> I the above question the bizarre joke, or was this meant as a reply to a
> different post?

Sorry didn't see this reply.  The thread was about frame buffer and
console resolution (atleast where I jump on).

I was just asking weather or not there was still and issue with the
proprietary nvidia X driver and the nv framebuffer driver - I remember
before you could not use both at the same time, wondering if the same
was try now

I am presuming you have mistaken my signature for more than it is