Hi

Thanks for all the input. I did some more research on the high point and
even though it talks about smartctl it doesn't actually get you through
to each device.

I have now started to look at the adaptec 51245, 3 x sas connectors with
fan outs to sata. and 1 x sas external connector.

Seems like adaptec have done some work on linux and making more
information more accessible to linux

I always though of adaptec as being on the pricey side but this isn't
too bad a price.

Alex

--
THEGODDESSOFTHENETHASTWISTINGFINGERSANDHERVOICEISLIKEAJAVELININTHENIGHTDUDE