jeremy jozwik wrote at 2010-03-28 10:45 -0500:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 9:51 AM, green <greenfreedo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeah, I forgot to mention checking /etc/fstab.
>
> truthfully i dont know what i should be looking for here, but this is
> a nano of fstab

Basically, you just want to make sure that the partitions still match up.

Here, you have a single root filesystem plus swap area.  If you partition your
new drive the same, you can probably leave this alone.  If you partition
manually, you may have swap on partition 2 so you would need to change
"/dev/sda5" to "/dev/sda2".  You can get the partition information from the new
drive with eg. "fdisk -l /dev/sdb".

Note that with 2 drives you will probably have sda and sdb; if you have your
new drive connected externally it will probably be sdb but when you move it
inside will become sda.