----- Forwarded message from ABSDoug <absd...@yahoo.com> -----

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:39:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: ABSDoug <absd...@yahoo.com>
To: Alexander Batischev <eual...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: New to Debian (what I've done so far)

--- On Mon, 6/7/10, Alexander Batischev <eual...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How did you try to install Gnome? Did you check "Install
> Desktop Environment"
> in tasksel (this menu which appears on installation time)?
> Or did you installed
> basic system (with no DE or WM, without xorg at all) and
> then try to run
> aptitude install gnome? Please provide more information.
>
> > That's where I'm at so far.
> Btw, you don't need to start new thread each time you
> response. Keep whole
> discussion in one thread, please - it's easier to follow
> (or not-follow)
> and manage/search, then.

I don't rememeber getting any options like we're talking about. Lemme try it
aogain. I'll report back exactly what I did.

----- End forwarded message -----

P.S. ABSDoug, please check whom you respond to: it's not catastrophic if you
replied to me - I'll simply forward message to list - but it's considered as
bad taste.

---
Regards,
Alexander Batischev