On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Petrus Validus <petrus.vali...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > * bugs in ubuntu 10.x release
>
> Bugs are unavoidable.

But releasing ubuntu on time without fixing known critical bug ?

> > * unbootable iso images of ubuntu
>
> Maybe there's a problem with your CDs or burning application?

64 bit ubuntu 10.10 is not bootable. checked MD5sum 100 times and similar
error arond all user
I use USB.
in some hardware both iso were unbootable.
Always fail at initramfs - init not found. or any rootfs not found.

> > * Crap theme in 10.x
>
> You can change that.
>
> > * Madness of ubuntu which is trying to create MAC - OS type look and
> > feel
>
> Two responses:
>
> 1-See previous response.
>
> 2-I don't think it's that bad, quite frankly.  Apple's interfaces are
> more attractive than a lot of others out there.  I've always liked the
> design of their interface.  Very clean and simple.  Honestly I would
> enjoy using/recreating the Mac System 7 interface.

I am using gnome from last 2 year, I always see window bar button in right.
Why they changed to left in lucid ? For me windows 7 and MAcOS theme and
interface is very crap. I cannot even work on them

> > * 6 month release cycle and most buggy upgrade management which always
> > fails
>
> Who said you have to upgrade to the latest version available?  Why not
> use one of Ubuntu's LTS editions

LOL LTS is much buggy then non-LTS. 9.10 was the only stable version i have
used.

> ?  Upgrading an OS/distro every six
> months is kind of silly to me.
>
> > * I want to rebase http://schoolos.org to most stable.
>
> Interesting project.  Good luck with it.

Thanks !!