On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:21:03 -0800, Joe Riel wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 17:44:38 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón wrote:

>> OTOH, are you sure there is no information/warning about the lock in "/
>> var/log/Xorg.0.log"?
>
> I'm not sure .  Nothing jumped out at me, but I'm clueless. There is
> this:
>
> (II) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/nouveau_dri.so failed
> (/usr/lib/dri/nouveau_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory)
>
> Google search indicates that this isn't an issue (as does the II).
> Attached is the entire Xorg.0.log.old.

Thanks... yup, I see something suspicious (or maybe not) at the end of the
file:

***
(II) Power Button: Device reopened after 1 attempts.
(II) Power Button: Device reopened after 1 attempts.
(II) UVC Camera (046d:09a1): Device reopened after 1 attempts.
(II) Microsoft Microsoft 3-Button Mouse with IntelliEye(TM): Device reopened
after 1 attempts.
(II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Device reopened after 1 attempts.
(II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Device reopened after 1 attempts.

(II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Close
(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
(II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Close
(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
(II) Microsoft Microsoft 3-Button Mouse with IntelliEye(TM): Close

(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
(II) UVC Camera (046d:09a1): Close
(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
(II) Power Button: Close
(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
(II) Power Button: Close
(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
***

"evdev" module is unloaded for no apparent reason but not sure if
this a normal/common log.

>> Have you tried with another PS/2 keyboard? :-?
>
> Am currently using another PS/2 keyboard; it hasn't locked up yet, but
> I've only used it for an hour and the frequency is about once a day (but
> 3 times yesterday).
>
> Does the fact that, when the PS/2 mouse is installed, it also locks up
> when the event occurs, mean anything?  A USB mouse continues to work.

Dunno :-? It is also possible that a USB device stops from working and just
by re-reconnecting it starts working again... remember that now Xorg is more
"dynamic" than ever and "reacts" with/to events.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón