On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:38:43 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can:
>
> 1/ Start the system with no xorg (console) and leave it so for
> sometine to check if the problem is still present (even with no x
> server).

I'll attempt to try this.  Might be painful working in a
virtual terminal all the time.  Kind of limits what I can
do.  This is my work machine...

> 2/ Review you kernel log, just in case ("cat /var/log/kern.log | grep
> input").
>
> If this is something related to X server, as a workaround to avoid
> restarting the system when this occurs, you can restart gdm3 service
> ("/ etc/init.d/gdm3 restart").

A workaround (clear the fault without a reboot) would be quite
helpful.  Alas, restarting gdm3 isn't it; I get the login prompt, but
the keyboard is still dead.  This seems to indicate it isn't an X
issue, but I don't know enough.

--
Joe Riel