On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 01:15:11PM -0800, evenso wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 07:52:01PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> > On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 01:50:39 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> >
> > > Good day.
> >
> > It's late afternoon here :-P
> >
> > > Are in Debian the packages holding dictionaries capable to work w/
> > > stardict?
> > >
> > > I see plenty of dictionaries for dict use, for example, but not for
> > > stardict. Or it is almost unusable program in Debian repo - as the
> > > interface program w/o the dictionaries seems to me as VCR w/o the tapes.
> > > :)
> >
> > Aren't "dict-freedict-*-*" packages working with Stardict? (just asking
> > because I have not tested) :-?
> >
> > Greetings,
> >

> I haven't tried it either but that appears to be the stardict recommendation
> as they offer dictd tarballs for installation to /usr/share/stardict/dic
> along with others.
>
> http://yeelou.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/

The dictd dictionaries on my system don't work but the tarballs of the same
dictionaries from yeelou.com do. I kind of like stardict. Once it is
running, it is as fast as dictd at the command line.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody