* Chad M Stewart ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [030919 12:18]:

> I'm tired of the stale nature of stable.  Last weekend I upgraded to
> testing.  I'm wondering what is the recommended method of dealing with
> security updates for testing?

DIY.

> Should I downgrade and only upgrade the few packages that I want newer
> versions of, like mailman, spamassassin, and bind.

Better still, stick with stable + backports.  You still have to watch
out for security updates for packages you get from 3rd party sources,
though.

While we're on the subject, I'd caution that "upgrade to testing" is
probably a misnomer.  What you've really done is volunteer to help test
the next version of Debian in a very early pre-release stage.  We all
appreciate everyone who does help test, but if this wasn't your
intention, you probably shouldn't be running on the testing branch.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/