On Friday, September 19, 2003, at 04:10 PM, Vineet Kumar wrote:

* Chad M Stewart ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [030919 12:18]:

I'm tired of the stale nature of stable. Last weekend I upgraded to testing. I'm wondering what is the recommended method of dealing with security updates for testing?

DIY.

Should I downgrade and only upgrade the few packages that I want newer
versions of, like mailman, spamassassin, and bind.

Better still, stick with stable + backports. You still have to watch out for security updates for packages you get from 3rd party sources, though.

Where can I learn about backports? Or is this another DIY? :)

While we're on the subject, I'd caution that "upgrade to testing" is probably a misnomer. What you've really done is volunteer to help test the next version of Debian in a very early pre-release stage. We all appreciate everyone who does help test, but if this wasn't your intention, you probably shouldn't be running on the testing branch.

Not really my intention.

-Chad-

good times, Vineet -- http://www.doorstop.net/ -- #include<stdio.h> int main() { puts("Reader! Think not that \n" "technical information \n" "ought not be called speech;"); return 0; } <mime-attachment>