On Sun, 2011-03-13 at 20:56 -0700, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 13:53, John A. Sullivan III
> <jsulli...@opensourcedevel.com> wrote:
> >
> > If I recall correctly, the question was about Windows solutions.  Many
> > of those suggested are Linux only.  I don't know about Ekiga but my
> > guess would be it is running on cygwin which introduces a considerable
> > shim between Ekiga and the native Windows IP stack.  I would think that
> > could introduce some latency and some complexity.  Something native like
> > might be much safer - John
>
> Like many KDE and Gnome programs, Ekiga runs natively on Windows:
> http://ekiga.net/yannick/win32/ekiga-setup-3.2.7.exe
>
> Cheers,
> Kelly Clowers

Interesting.  I can see KDE applications if they are based upon Qt4 or
were compiled using the commercial Qt3. I wasn't aware that Gnome apps
could run without Cygwin and thought that most simply silently bundled
it but may very well be wrong.  Are you sure it isn't running Cygwin
under the covers? Thanks for the correction - John