On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 13:27:18 -0400, Dan wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>> But then I used service manager from gnome to disable bluetooth. It
>>> disabled the service but it didn't delete the link. So I guess that
>>> there is a standard procedure to disable the service without deleting
>>> the link. Which is that procedure?
>>
>> I finally disabled the service by issuing "update-rc.d service_name
>> disable". Full story here:
>>
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/12/msg00505.html
>>

> update-rc.d disable seems to be the best way. It renames the service so
> that it starts with K instead with S. But I still do not know how the
> gnome service manager is able to disable the service. It does not make
> any change in the links in rc*.d and it does not make any change in
> /etc/default/bluetooth

Hum... good question, let's dig a bit.

I also have "bluetooth" service disabled by using GNOME's "services-
admin" utility and indeed the service seems to be off ("/etc/init.d/
bluetooth status" returns "failed!") _but_ "grep -i bluetooth /var/log/
syslog*" and "ps aux | bluetooth" both commands return traces of some
kind of BT service/instance running in background/initalized :-?

Also, /etc/rc.d/* levels shows "S20" for bluetooth links in 3,4 and 5
runlevels while they should be "K".

Quite strange...

Greetings,

--