On Thursday 09 June 2011 09:35:16 Mark Panen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Lisi <lisi.re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've done it again - twice.  I clearly need some dark black coffee to
> > wake me up. :-(
> >
> > So sorry, Mark.
> >
> > On Thursday 09 June 2011 08:07:16 Lisi wrote:
> >> From:
> >> Lisi <lisi.re...@gmail.com>
> >>   To:
> >> mark.pa...@gmail.com
> >>   Date:
> >> Today 08:07:16

> >> I have no idea how to update from 6.0.1a!  I thought that you said that
> >> you had done it, so I thought it must be a gap in my knowledge that you
> >> had read about!!
> >>
> >> Have you tried apt-get dist-upgrade?  (If you have already answered this
> >> and I have forgotten your answer, I aplologise.)  If not, try it.  It
> >> could solve your problem.
> >>
> >> If that doesn't work, try installing again from 6.0.1a. rather than
> >> 6.0.0. I think that we may have found the root of your problem.  There
> >> were problems with 6.0.0, which is why 6.0.1 was released so soon after
> >> the release of 6 itself.  There may be no upgrades for it.  I would,
> >> however, have expected 6.0.0 to upgrade to 6.0.1a. :-/
> >>
> >> If installing from 6.0.1a doesn't solve the problem, try 6.0.1 itself.
> >>  And if that doesn't work, feel free to howl with frustration. :-(
> >>
> >> Lisi
> >
> > --
>
> now i don't know what's up:
>
> cat /etc/debian_version
> 6.0.1

You obviously have successfully upgraded at some point!  That leaves rather
few potential explanations other than that you are now fully upgraded.

Could you run apt-get update followed by apt-get dist-upgrade and post what
you get?  Also it is worth posting the present state of
your /etc/network/interfaces file.  That just _might_ give us some clues!

Lisi