Putting this back on list where it ought to be.
On Thursday 09 June 2011 12:52:41 Mark Panen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Lisi <lisi.re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> i used to see 560 new when i had my 6.0.1a dvd added, now i see
> >> nothing and the same as you for safe-upgrade, maybe i am updated but i
> >> doubt it.
> >
> > You say you used safe-upgrade.  Have you tried dist-upgrade??  That is
> > what I have used above.  It really is worth a try, as I suggested.  (Tom
> > pointed out to us that aptitude full-upgrade, which is what I have
> > actually used above, is the equivalent of apt-get dist-upgrade.)
> >
> > And at the risk of seeming even more repetitious:
> > Could you run apt-get update followed by apt-get dist-upgrade and post
> > what you get?  Also it is worth posting the present state of
> > your /etc/network/interfaces file.  That just _might_ give us some clues!
> >
> > Lisi
>
> yes i have tried them all, everyone.

I'm sorry Mark, but without the information that I have asked for, several
times now, I really can't help you.  And I fear that no-one else will be able
to either.

If you change your mind and are prepared to give the information, then I'll
see whether there is anything else I can do.

Lisi