On 11/06/11 16:33, Bret Busby wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:04:36 +1000
>> From: Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.producti...@gmail.com>
>> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>> Subject: Re: [Debian 6] Unable to install Debian 6.0.1 - no supporting
>> mirrors
>>      found
>>
>> On 10/06/11 15:37, Bret Busby wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I have been trying to install Debian 6.0.1 amd64 version, with a
>>> firmware netinst iso (from
>>> http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
>>>

>>>  ), and, at the package manager setup stage, every mirror that I have
>>>  tried within Australia, and a couple in the USA, return the error
>>>  "mirror does not support version (squeeze)".

And yet (as the output below shows) they apparently do. You're very
patient - how many months have you been trying this now?

<snipped>
> :)
>
> Hello.
>
> I have just switched back to the computer onto which the Debian 6.01
> amd64 version is to be installed (I have to disconnect the monitor from
> this computer, and connect it to the other computer, as the monitor that
> I had connected to it, appears temperamental, and the monitors are now
> apparently irreplaceable, with all new monitors now being the bodgy
> widescreen things), and written down the content of the last text screen
> displayed, which I found at <CTRL><ALT<F4> (It is <CTRL><ALT<F5> to
> return to the GUI installation screen), and, rather than typing all of
> the content of the screen, I think (but, with my little amount of
> knowledge, am not sure) that, as suggested, the problem may lay in the
> URL format for the repositories.
>
> for example, for AARNet, the line from the screen (without the
> date/timestamp at the start of the line), is
>
> choose-mirror[6418]: DEBUG: command: wget -q
> http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian//dists/squeeze/Release - O - | grep
> -E '^(Suite|Codename:'

Origin: Debian
Label: Debian
Suite: stable
Version: 6.0.1
Codename: squeeze
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:04:59 UTC
Architectures: amd64 armel i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386 mips
mipsel powerpc s390 sparc
Components: main contrib non-free

> and for UWA, is
>
> choose-mirror[6608]: DEBUG: command: wget -q
> http:ftp.uwa.edu.au/debian//dists/squeeze/Release -O - | grep -E
> '^(Suite|Codename):'

Origin: Debian
Label: Debian