Hi,

> ipp is CUPS, the network printing server, and you know whether you need
> that.
Now that you mention it... I also see cups listening on all devices:
$ sudo netstat -nlp
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
PID/Program name
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:631             0.0.0.0:*
1646/cupsd

I need CUPS for printing, but my laptop is for sure not a printing server, so
no open port is necessary. cups.dconf contains this

# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
Listen localhost:631

However, as you can see, it still opens the port on all interfaces. Is that a
bug, or is the configuration incorrect?

Kind regards,
Ralf