Lisi:

> <quote>
> lisi@Tux:~$ nmap Tux
>
> Starting Nmap 4.62 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-08-29 10:31 BST
> Interesting ports on Tux (192.168.0.2):
> Not shown: 1711 closed ports
> PORT     STATE SERVICE
> 22/tcp   open  ssh
> 80/tcp   open  http
> 111/tcp  open  rpcbind
> 6881/tcp open  bittorrent-tracker
>
> Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.126 seconds
> lisi@Tux:~$ which rpcbind

JFTR: just because nmap calls the program using this port "rpcbind",
that doesn't mean you have a program or package on your system with that
exact name.

What I would do, if I wanted to get rid of the program using port 59446
on my system (and didn't know which program it is):

# netstat -tlpn | grep 59446
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:59446           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
4586/rpc.mountd

# which rpc.mountd
/usr/sbin/rpc.mountd

# dpkg -S /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
nfs-kernel-server: /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd

# aptitude why nfs-kernel-server
Unable to find a reason to install nfs-kernel-server.

# apt-get remove nfs-kernel-server

> lisi@Tux:~$ find rpcbind
> find: `rpcbind': No such file or directory

This command doesn't do what you expect. It prints all files found in
the directory "rcpbind" in your current working directory. Since no such
directory exists, find exits with the error message above.

J.
--
I am on the payroll of a company to whom I owe my undying gratitude.
[Agree]   [Disagree]