Sorry I have a quasi-problem with her, so hope won't mind I following my
questions here,

My / partition is also on the edge of saturation.

But how do I know which files are in / partition?

the /tmp /var are on other partitions. This is for sure.

/ != /root
correct?

root@debian:/home/lina# cd /
root@debian:/# ls
bin   etc         lib    lost+found  proc  sbin     srv  usr
boot  home        lib32  media       root  scratch  sys  var
dev   initrd.img  lib64  mnt         run   selinux  tmp  vmlinuz

Thanks,