Hi,

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 06:59:25AM +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Presently running debian testing. The latest xserver-xorg-core update
> did cause certain problems with my nvidia card. I could find a
> solution for starting X with the new nvidia binary driver (275.28).
>
> Strangely (or maybe not), scim has stopped working. I cannot change to a
> different language. Tried im-switch to reset the default. No change.
> Clicking on the keyboard icon, does not bring up the language list as it
> used to earlier. Right clicking brings up the menu, though.
>
> An identical setup on my laptop with intel graphics has no isses with
> the new xserver-xorg-core and scim.
>
> Any pointers to get the scim working again?

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=scim
(I think dropping scim for wheezy may be an option these days.
 No activie upstream and there are better alternatives: ibus)

If you are looking for working input method, please install ibus.

Please make sure to manually pull in ibus-gtk3 and ibus-qt4 to make it
work with recent desktop.

OH... please switch from im-switch to im-config.  (Yes, I am upstream of
both.)

Osamu