Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

>> I'm concerned on safety of install over network (the netinst) - what
>> techniques are used to protect the installed system during the very
>> process of installation?
>
>System is still not installed so what are you afraid of? :-?
>
>> Or it includes some risk for the install and therefore media (kind of
>> disk) is a preferred installation method?
>
>I've never faced a security problem when installing over the network
>(Internet) and take no additional countermeasures but ensuring the net
>ISO checksum for the image I have downloaded is okay.
>
>A compromised mirror can hit at anytime not just when installing.

Things I consider are these (during the installation):

. I have working connection

. I have at least working kernel and later diver services that are
configured and started during the install

. At the same time no firewall rules are applied at the working
(starting to work) system (before it is going to be rebooted - that is
also is waited for the user attention - does not reboot itself).

That's what is of interest.