On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:34:51 +0100, Olivier BATARD wrote:

> I'm just interested on how, after googling for a long time, on a debian,
> can we manage users's passwords. I mean how can we manage a password
> database on a web php site for example ?
>
> How do you manage your user's passwords database ?

Hum... I'm not sure to have understood the question properly.

You mean how to manage your Debian box user system passwords or passwords
(generally speaking) for different services to implement in your server?
I guess is the latter but... :-)

> I've tried clipperz, but the product is under development and not safe.
> Phppassmanager seems great but no update since 2006.
>
> Is there a tool, web or else, to manage database passwords in debian ?

"w3pw" is an application to integrate with your own web server, similar
to "php password manager".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón