It is shameful that, so many years after the digital revolution,
proprietary formats such as those championed by microsoft are *mandated* by
the industry, educational institutions and (in mexico at least) government
departments. In fact, I recently had problems with my yearly tax
declaration due to it only supporting and running on some version of
Internet Explorer.

Hopefully, we can all make that change.

In the case of skype, I understand that their contributions to VoIP have
been pioneering and extremely successful as a tool for individuals and the
enterprise community alike. However, every company that doesn't support
standardization is extremely short sighted and detrimental to the healthy
growth of the field they represent.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack..

Daniel