On Thu, 09 Oct 2003, Paul Johnson wrote:

> I've noticed when you forward a message in mutt, it strips off the
> very first header, the envelope From.  Is there a way to change this?

Hi,

I do not know for sure if I am pointing to the same header you mean ... but
let us see:

For example the original headers with the first From line that is missing
when forwarding:

        From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fri Jul 11 06:01:46 2003
        Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 05:14:25 +0200 (MEST)
        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (automatisch erzeugte E-Mail)

looks like this after forwarding:

        To: Bob Hoskins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Bcc:
        Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Ihre Rechnung Juni 2003 steht bereit.]
        ----- Forwarded message from automatisch erzeugte E-Mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-----

        [...]

So the first line

        From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fri Jul 11 06:01:46 2003

is missing. But this first line has got nothing to do with the original
email header. From the mutt manual you get:

[...]
  4.6.  Mailbox Formats

  Mutt supports reading and writing of four different mailbox formats:
  mbox, MMDF, MH and Maildir.  The mailbox type is autodetected, so
  there is no need to use a flag for different mailbox types.  When
  creating new mailboxes, Mutt uses the default specified with the
  ``$mbox_type'' variable.

  mbox.  This is the most widely used mailbox format for UNIX.  All
  messages are stored in a single file.  Each message has a line of the
  form:

       From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:44:56 PST

  to denote the start of a new message (this is often referred to as the
  ``From_'' line).
[...]

Oliver
--