I am in the midst of changing distributions for reasons that aren't really
germane to this note.

I have installed Debian-6.0.5-amd64 on my Dell Inspiron Laptop in VM
VirtualBox 4.1.22.  I am having problems installing/running two  applications:
MGLTools-1.5.4-Linux-86_64-install and PyRx-Linux-x68-Install (both are
available from www.scripps.edu).

MGLTools installs without any problems,but when I try to run I get:

computation@debian:~/Applications/MGLTools-1.5.4/bin$ ./adt
setting PYTHONHOME environment
Run AutoDockTools from
/home/computation/Applications/MGLTools-1.5.4/MGLToolsPckgs/AutoDockTools

Welcome to Python Molecule Viewer!
Visit http://mgltools.scripps.edu/documentation to read latest documentation.

Resource file used to customize PMV:
/home/computation/.mgltools/1.5.4/Pmv/_pmvrc
opengl extension GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil is not present
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  14 (X_GetGeometry)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x6200032
  Serial number of failed request:  4436

The PyRx instalation process gives me:

computation@debian:~/Applications$ ./PyRx-0.9-Linux-x86-Install
invalid command name "bind"
    while executing
"::unknown bind Text <Tab>"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel 1 $next $args"
    (procedure "::obj::Unknown" line 3)
    invoked from within
"bind Text <Tab>"
    (procedure "::InstallJammer::InitializeGui" line 19)
    invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::InitializeGui "
    (procedure "::InstallJammer::InitInstall" line 63)
    invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::InitInstall"
    (file "/installkitvfs/main.tcl" line 38527)

I think that I know enough to realize that there are missing libraries.
However, while I have been a linux user for a number of years now, I am not an
OS type of individual and have no idea what I need to install to get these
applications to run on Debian.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.               Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry              Stochastic and Multivariant