On Thursday 13 September 2012 10:10:58 Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:20:14 -0400, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> > MGLTools installs without any problems,but when I try to run I get:
> (...)
>
> > GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil is not present
>
> (...)
>
> What's the emulated graphic card?
>
> Anyway, VirtualBox VGA 3D capabilities are rather limited and the
> application you are trying to run seems to make an extensive usage of the
> VGA capabilities.
>
> Are you sure VirtualBox is listed as supported scennario for this
> software?
>
> > The PyRx instalation process gives me:
> >
> > computation@debian:~/Applications$ ./PyRx-0.9-Linux-x86-Install invalid
> > command name "bind"
>
> (...)
>
> Check if these forum thread posts help:
>
> http://mgl.scripps.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1066
>
> Greetings,

Thanks for your note.

As a matter of fact, these are not 3D applications.  I've run both on other
linux OS's.

Google turned out to be my friend and I installed the 32 bit libraries with
apt-get install ia32-libs ia32-libs-gtk.  Having accomplished that I installed
PyRx successfully and it now runs on my 64 bit Debian system.

Unfortunately, the problem with MGLTools still exists:

computation@debian:~/Applications/MGLTools-1.5.4/bin$ ./adt
setting PYTHONHOME environment
Run AutoDockTools from
/home/computation/Applications/MGLTools-1.5.4/MGLToolsPckgs/AutoDockTools
Resource file used to customize PMV:
/home/computation/.mgltools/1.5.4/Pmv/_pmvrc
opengl extension GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil is not present
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  14 (X_GetGeometry)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x5e00032
  Serial number of failed request:  4435

There is obviously something missing.
--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.               Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry              Stochastic and Multivariant