> >> This wprked fine with LILO and GRUB 1, where I was in control of
> >> configuratino files and could explicitly specify which root partitions
> >> went with which boot partitions/

Why don't you simply get rid of the updater if you need GRUB2? That's
what I did, resp. as I've written before, I currently switched back to
GRUB legacy.

Regards,
Ralf

--
It's not tolerable that the Islam tries to force the free world to
forbid free expression, especially not if people simply tell the truth