Terho Uotila wrote:
Unless you want to try very minimal system you probably want shadow
passwords.

I do not understand.
Going by text displayed during the installation I had the impression that shadow passwords were for those overly paranoid about supposed incremental security advantages. My machines will effectively be the ultimate in single user systems. I will be the only one with physical access. They will have only occasional restricted access to the internet over a dial up connection. It is very unlikely that there will ever be a LAN among my machines. I do not see that Debian even claims that shadow passwords *could* be of any benefit to me ;/

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 11:04:21 -0600