Am Freitag, 18. Januar 2013 schrieb lina:
> Hi,

Hi Lina,

> I don't know from where jump out a directory with following info.
>
> $ ls -lrt try/

Where is that directory located? In your home directory?

> ls: cannot access try/STEPS: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access try/test_xtc2pdb.f: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access try/18059-18059.xtc: Permission denied
>
> ls: cannot access try/read_xtc_main.f: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access try/PARA: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access try/fort.21: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access try/CA-ch1.ndx: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access try/CA.ndx: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access try/Makefile: Permission denied

Well that tells you that as the user you are you may not access the file.
It might be that you still have write access to it.

> -????????? ? ? ? ?            ? XX.tar
> -????????? ? ? ? ?            ? try.pdb
> -????????? ? ? ? ?            ? try-c.pdb
> -????????? ? ? ? ?            ? test_xtc2pdb.f

That may (!) be a sign of filesystem corruption.

I imagine it could also be a subtile lack of access rights (SELinux
possibly?), but usually I would suspect a message about it then.

> I wonder how can I delete it?

Are you sure that it is a good idea to try to delete something were you at
least partly have no access rights to and then as it appears don´t know how
it happened to be there in the first place?

If thats the monster box I´d contact your system administrator about it :).

Also be careful on what possibly private information you disclose here to
the public. As interested as I would be to have some access to such a box :)

Ciao,