On Saturday, January 19, 2013 14:33, cr...@gtek.biz said:

>>> But it looks more to me as if this files are somehow
>>> corrupted. Did you fsck this file-system lately ?
>
> Hi Lina
>
> Excuse me for replying to this message, I've managed to lose your first
> post. This is most likely not a corrupt file system, but rather it is
> probably the result of lack of execute permission on the directory. You
> can recreate it thusly:
>
> $ cd /tmp
> $ mkdir test
> $ export looptest=0
> $ while [ $looptest -le 10 ]
>   do
>      touch test/test$looptest
>      loop=`expr $looptest + 1`
>   done

*sigh*
The above loop is an infinite loop. The line
   "loop=`expr $looptest + 1"
should read
   "looptest=`expr $looptest + 1"

I used "loop" as the variable name in my testing, and I copied that to my
original reply, but after copying it I decided to change the name because
looptest would be less likely to have been already defined. In trying to avoid
confusion I succeeded in creating it. Just hasn't been my day.

Apologies.

Sent - Gtek Web Mail