> From: Frank Lanitz [mailto:fr...@frank.uvena.de]

> Am 30.01.2013 23:53, schrieb Mark Allums:
> > Is there any word on the eventual ship date of such a thing as
installing
> > Steam, or any news at all concerning it and Debian?
>
> From my point fo view you might want to check with folks behind Steam.
> It's complete non-free software within a beta-status. ...
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

I'm certainly aware of its non-free status.  That doesn't bother me at all.
In the case of the Steam Client itself, it would be nice to have an open
source version of it,  but it won't bother most people to not have one.  As
for the individual games, I doubt Steam devotees will care one whit that the
games are DRM'd, as long as they can play them whenever they want to.  Steam
will never be an official Debian package, but like Skype or Nvidia, its
utility will outweigh its drawbacks in the minds of end-users.

MArk