> This would imply preseeding might have set up networking. Has it?
Networking is setup by the kernel boot parameters that are on the 'append'
line. It looks like this:
     append initrd=Debian-6.0.7-amd64/netboot/initrd.gz interface=eth1
domain=mydomain netcfg/get_nameservers=x.x.x.x netcfg/get_hostname=myhostname
locale=en_US debian-installer/country=US debian-installer/language=en
debian-installer/keymap=us console-keymaps-at/keymap="American English"
auto=true priority=critical
preseed/url=http://192.168.1.12/anaconda/cfg/preseed.cfg
There are two interfaces (eth0 and eth1) on the client. eth1 is connected to
the pxeboot server, which is an internal setup (hence the 'interface=eth1' on
append line to fetch preseed.cfg). eth0 goes out to the Internet thru' a proxy
(which is defined in my preseed.cfg).
I added the other boot parameters (domain=, get_hostname, locale, etc.) on
'append' line so that these questions are not asked by the installer. It works
as expected. That is, all these questions are skipped when I boot but it then
starts connecting to ftp.us.debian.org for some reason..
Mar 8 11:40:12 kdb-chooser[2338]: INFO: kdb_chooser: setting keymap usMar 8
11:40:12 main-menu[320]: DEBUG: resolver (libc6-udeb): package doesn't exist
(ignored)Mar 8 11:40:12 main-menu[320]: INFO: Menu item 'choose-mirror'
selectedMar 8 11:40:12 anna-install: Queueing udeb apt-mirror-setup for later
installationMar 8 11:40:12 choose-mirror[2364]: DEBUG: command: wget -q
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/Release -O - | grep -E
'^(Suite|Codename):'
Does 'DEBUG: resolver (libc6-udeb): package doesn't exist (ignored)' line has
got to do anything? not sure..
> In a console (ALT-F2) do
>
> wget www.debian.org>
> and post the response.
Here you go:
~ # wget http://www.debian.orgwget: bad address 'www.debian.org'~ #
It fails because wget is trying to access thro' eth1 (configured on the append
line) which is internal only. So, it fails to connect to www.debian.org.
Connection to the mirror site ftp.us.debian.org (shown above) also fails for
the same reason.
I have debian ISO (4GB size, not the netinstall version) extracted on the
server which I want to use for the installation. I have the location for the
extracted ISO as well as for interface eth0 defined in preseed.cfg but is never
read by the installer:
extract from preseed.cfg:
d-i netcfg/choose_interface select eth0d-i mirror/protocol string httpd-i
mirror/http/hostname string 192.168.1.12d-i mirror/http/directory string
/Debian-6.0.7-amd64/debian/
but as I mentioned before, preseed.cfg is fetched but never used:
192.168.1.199 - - [08/Mar/2013:06:36:37 -0500] "GET /anaconda/cfg/preseed.cfg
HTTP/1.1" 200 1483 "-" "Wget"
Keshav