cletusjenkins <cletusjenk...@zoho.com> writes:

> I recently bought a laptop, it came pre-installed with wheezy (because the
> nvidia driver needed a newer kernel). I really dislike the new version of
> gnome. I feel like my expensive laptop is hobbled. It feels like a slow $100
> android tablet instead of a powerful computer.
>
> I can't customize anything about the desktop.

This is beginning to be more an more and more of a feature for me.

Anyway, folks traumatized by GNOME 3 might be interested in my blog, Why
I hate GNOME 3.0:

  http://www.newt.com/debian/blog.html#hate-gnome-3

I would also encourage you to read my blog, Why I love GNOME 3.0:

  http://www.newt.com/debian/blog.html#love-gnome-3

These were written when 3.0 first came out (on Fedora, which I was using
at work). I'm looking forward to trying 3.4 when I have time to upgrade
to wheezy.

--
Bill Wohler <woh...@newt.com> aka <bill.woh...@nasa.gov>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/