Hello all,

Seems I'm a bit brain dead this morning, and I'm having difficulty
remembering how to set up an ssh tunnel to our development server through
the public facing system

I can ssh into pub1 just fine, and from that shell I can ssh into the
development server, dev1. What I want to do is to be able to open a
terminal on my local machine and connect my psql client directly to that
development server, on it's port 5432. So I want to be able to locally run
a command similar to:
 [me@mymachine]$ psql -U dbusername -h dev1 -p xxx
where, if I remember correctly, xxx is the port I tunnel into the public
system on.

I know I've done this before, but since I rarely work from home like this
I've forgotten the steps. Would someone care to enlighten me?

On a related note, how do I kill the tunnel after I am done with it. I've
just killed the process in the past, but I'm wondering if there is not a
more elegant way?

On a totally unrelated note, I have two old Compaq DL-580 G1s and a few 9GB
drives that can go with them. Would any of that be of any value to the
Debian project? If so, feel free to point me to a contact person. An
off-list reply is perfectly fine.

 Thanks,
 Nelson