On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 4:21 AM, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpope...@gmail.com>wrote:

> And the number of your report is?

It's report #709684.  I'm aware I didn't include nearly enough info in the
report, but hoped that the maintainer would give me guidance in what would
be relevant to the problem at hand.  I wasn't even really sure whether I
should identify the problem as "gnome" or "gnome-shell".

I did find a workaround on the web from someone who had a similar problem.
If I go to Advanced Settings and adjust the text scaling factor the problem
clears, even if I bring the factor back to 1.0.  I have no idea what that
indicates, but the problem goes away until my next reboot if I do that.