On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 01:35:32 +1200
Chris Bannister <cbannis...@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 02:28:08PM +0200, Michael Anckaeart wrote:
> > Hello everyone
> >
> > I got redirected to the Debian users list from the Bug reporting
> > page. I wanted to file a bug report but can't seem to find what
> > package it belongs to and thus can't find for an existing bug or
> > create a new report.
> >
> > When installing Debian Testing (in a vm) using an LVM setup the lvm2
> > package is missing from the new system, resulting in a failed boot.
> > Booting into rescue mode and installing lvm2 fixes this.
> >
> > Could someone point me to the correct package to report this bug?
>
> You are going to have to provide a bit more info.
> What vm?
> Steps you took to install.
>
> I think that if there was an actual bug then more people would be
> noticing this?
>
> IOW, how does a tester reproduce the bug, easily.

I was going to provide all necessary info in the bug report, but here
goes:

I downloaded the latest Debian testing image
(debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso), installed in a new VirtualBox VM:
all options default except LVM on the entire disk (not encrypted).
When rebooting after the installation I get dropped into a busybox
shell with the message that my vg_root partition wasn't found.

So basically a vanilla installation with LVM on VirtualBox that's
missing the lvm2 package.