On Wed, 2013-06-19 at 23:56 -0700, Alan Ianson wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 22:44:12 -0400
> Greg wrote:
>
> > Does anyone think that debian could participate in any programs like
> > PRISM? Or could a lone (or group of) sympathetic DD or DM slip a
> > backdoor or something that could collect private info in the binary
> > packages distributed by debian?
>
> Everything in debian has source available, so no, it can't be done
> without everyone knowing it.

So every line of code during every build is verified? So the build
machines could never possibly get hacked to compile with different code
than what is in a source package?

Or that a government that murders people (many of which it doesn't even
bother to identify first) with drones wouldn't consider an OS that
millions of people use worth looking at?

Or that debian is just automatically too smart to be hacked?

I'm just wondering what debian does to check and protect its users, so
fuck me, right?