On Fri, 2013-06-21 at 16:36 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-06-21 at 16:22 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > On Jo, 20 iun 13, 18:41:42, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > >
> > > The USA and similar countries IMO aren't dangerous for most of us, since
> > > I suspect that less of us are terrorists.
> >
> > Sorry, but I don't accept this argument. Just because we personally may
> > not be targeted is still no excuse to tolerate it when a government, any
> > government, is not respecting a person's rights.
>
> I agree with you, but they are still not dangerous for me, since I'm a
> German. If my own country will get even harmless data, it's different
> for me. I guess most us aren't from the USA, since this is an
> international mailing list. This thread, perhaps should be moved to the
> off-topic list?
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Harmless data like what religious group you descend from? Something that
is considered innocuous today might be considered differently at a later
time by a less tolerant government.

I think most of this should be dropped or moved elsewhere, but I would
like the actual methods the debian project uses to protect itself from
systematic monitoring, data-collection or even hacking by governments or
other private organizations. I don't see that as being off topic for
this list.