N O T E :   I only cc'ed my reply to Debian user, I switched the thread
to d-community-offto...@lists.alioth.debian.org . Is this ok?

On Fri, 2013-06-21 at 16:52 -0400, Greg wrote:
> That might work for an actual terrorist, but I am a citizen and I do
> not think it is acceptable to have to act like a terrorist to keep my
> humble, everyday "secrets" private.

Full acknowledgement, btw. even such a "terrorist" computer setup in
practise isn't 100% safe, but just 80% or less, I anyway call it 100%.
We can't do anything against it. You can not really protect your data,
you only can protect your setup at home.

I didn't like Obama from the beginning, all bad I prophesied became
true. Not hard to do such a prophecy ;).

And btw. indignation of German politicians about Guantanamo or offending
data protection is histrionics.

We anyway can be happy, when we're living in a free western
civilisation. I don't say we're living in perfect nations. I've got a
criminal record, because I didn't join the German armed forces! However,
im my country you got a jail sentence for not joining the armed forces
(in a land that started 2 world wars, so I had a good reason not to join
it!), _but_ in other countries they kill people, if they don't join
their armies, they even force children to be soldiers. Around 25 years
later, since some years ago, Germans are free not to join the German
armed forces anymore. AFAIK in the USA they don't separate black and
white humans anymore ;), IOW progress is slowly measured on the lifespan
of men, but 20 or 50 years aren't that much. We don't have the wide
spread access to the Internet for a long enough time, we need some time
to civilize data protection. Let's do it without being paranoid or even
surprised _and_ without party activism :(, changing the world is work
and can't be done by parties or long line of demonstrators carrying
lights, that's just bullshit. If we know what companies are bad, we
should start not to buy from those companies, not to use their free
services, _if_ possible. If e.g. labor conditions are bad at Amazone,
the solution is easy. Don't order from Amazone and drop Ubuntu that
ships with menu links to Amazone etc., you even don't need to risk a
criminal record. But the party activist make anti-Amazone parties and
order the party supplies from Amazone. Have you ever joined a mailing
list of the Pirate party? I did, party people, they discredit their own
people who do real social/political work. "At our last Pirate party I
talked to Mr. X, but he still works the things off he has to do, instead
of taking care about what I said to him on our last party."

Regards,
Ralf