Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:55:01 -0400
From: "Stephen P. Molnar" <s.mol...@sbcglobal.net>
To: debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Debian Testing/Jessie

I have installed 64 bit Testing on my laptop in an Oracle VB as a test
bed.

I used Debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso Binary 1 20130623-09:47 and
installed the linux-image-3.9.1-amd6 kernel and all available drivers.

The installation went very smoothly, but when I ran dpkg
--add-architecture i386 as root, although I did not get any errors
or warnings, it did not appear in Synaptic when I rebooted the system.

I need some i386 libraries in order to be able to use some of my
computational chemistry programs.

I would appreciate any pointers in the right direction to solve this
problem.

Thanks in advance.

Wonder of wonders, suddenly I have multi-architecture!