On Mon, 24 Jun 2013, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-06-24 at 09:48 -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > (I've been using Linux for about 12 years--switched from the
> > Amiga, not Windows)
>
> I switched from the Atari ST to Linux 10 years ago, but I've got a
> 80286 hardware emulator mounted inside my 520ST and 4 MB PC RAM
> replaced the 512 KB, however, I also run DR DOS on that machine and
> used a lot of 98SE and XP in my life. So I'm also not a native
> Microsoft user, but I guess everybody of us had to use DOS or Windows
> sometimes? At school, at work?

The Atari ST.  Remember that one.  It was on my short list when I was
looking for a personal computer to replace my fried Commodore 64. But I
chose the Amiga instead. All my reading indicated it had more potential
as a personal computer.  Too bad Commodore never realized that, and
drove it into the ground.

> > Nouveau didn't support 3-D anyway.
>
> But now it does work perfectly for my NVIDIA card, that I don't use at
> the moment, at least for Google Earth.

News to me.  But doesn't really matter.  I don't have or use any 3-D
apps.  The only games I play are chess, poker and Blackjack, and 2-D
works just fine. ;-)