Dňa 26.06.2013 04:11 SANG KIM  wrote / napísal(a):
> I recently installed debian 7.1 and I reinstalled it at least five times.
> I've tried installing it with a root password created and without and Debian
> still won't let me log in as root.  It says "authentication failed" after I
> type in the root password.

In Debian 6.x i was similar problem, which was caused by keyboard - i
was the Slovak keyborad in the installer choose, but the installer used
the English keyboard (for the root password). For me this was problem
with numbers in password - easy solved by the NumPad.

I do not tried to install the 7.x yet.

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk