i am using package "acct" (lastcomm is part of this package).
my
question is, isn't "acct" package depends upon user's .bash_history ? or it
is maintaining its own log?

yes i can see  user can delete/edit their history file. is there anyway to
record history permanently. a good solution for accounting.

Thanks,