Hi.

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:06:22 +0100
Brian <a...@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> > Yes! I use evince too, BUT evince is not (yet) able to display/use all
> > the capabilities of a pdf file, so I need to test some pdf file created
> > by TeX/LaTeX....
>
> Which capabilities do you have in mind which evince (or another PDF
> reader) is unable to display or use?

Six things at least:

1) Javascript support in PDF forms.

2) Embedded movies (Yes, in PDF. Yes, Adobe is crazy).

3) All kinds of 3D embedded stuff.

4) That 'wonderful' PDF lexem that commands PDF reader to execute an
arbitrary binary in user's OS (not a joke, this is a real part of PDF
1.4 specs).

5) Apparently, there are some problems with audio playback in
libpoppler (yes, audio can be embedded in PDFs too).

6) Older libpoppler versions ignored DRM restrictions in PDF files (a
feature for me, but upstream thinks differently).

How exactly does one need to use LaTeX to produce such PDF is a
mystery to me. But the more mystery is - why produce PDF with such
capabilities.

Reco