On 10/26/2013 01:18 AM, Glenn English wrote:
There are several Debian machines around, and some of them do an odd thing in
Aptitude:

         lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
         xReally quit Aptitude?x
         x  [ Yes ]    [ No ]  x
         mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

and others don't.

Can anyone tell me what I did to make some of them do that to their ncurses
boxes?

Aptitude is the only place I've seen this (yet), and I've played with locales
and googled and looked at man pages -- no joy. It has something to do with the
VT-100 'graphics' chars, I think, but I can't figure out how to fix it...

TIA

Hi,

Check the Preferences dialog in aptitude. This feature is controlled by the item:

[] Prompt for confirmation at exit

Jape