Earlier youtube had muted sound on its videos.  I found that out as a
result of reading some other blindness-related e-mail lists and I wrote
about it earlier on this list.  So, did you unmute the video?  You need
to do this with each video you visit.  If you did that and are still
having these problems you do have a valid problem probably with hardware
on your end.