On 22/12/13 09:31, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> My husband, a real technophobe, is going away for three weeks to
> house-sit.  It is a last minute booking.  He is going at 5:30 in the
> morning.  I am giving him my netbook so that he can keep up with his
> emails.  I have to keep it really simple or he will just freak out
> when I am 250 miles (c.400 kilometres) away and can't just lean over
> and help..  I.T. = PANIC!
>
> I wanted to set things up so that he could open a browser on which
> there is Google as home page.  Browse if he wants.  Then click
> on "Gmail" if he wants to look at his email.  Then either (optimum
> solution) log straight into his Gmail account or offer him the chance
> to sign in to his Gmail account.
>
> But I have in the past signed onto my own account on my netbook
> and %$^&*^$£ Google won't allow me to do anything else.

1. Logout of your gmail account.
2. Wipe cookies (Iceweasel -> Edit -> Preferences... -> Privacy ->
Remove individual cookies... -> Remove all cookies -> Close. (google
"saves" your account login using cookies).
3. Login to his gmail account. (now the default google login for that
browser is his).

> I can sign
> into my account, add Peter as an additional account, and then in
> future sign into his account from my account.  But I don't want that.
> I want to sign straight into his account and leave it like that for
> him.  Help!  Is anyone awake and on line?  Any ideas?
>
> I haven't got time before he leaves to wipe the HDD and start again.
>
> I shall multi-post this to the Debian, Surrey and Portsmouth lists,
> because I am fairly desperate.  It's the Saturday before Christmas
> here.  People on this longitude will be either in bed or out on the
> town.
>
> Thanks,
> Lisi

Kind regards