"François Patte" <francois.pa...@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:
>Bonjour,
>
>I try to configure fail2ban in order to ban IP which try to connect to
>directories protected by .htaccess.
>
>Here is my [apache] section in jail.conf:
>
>enabled  = true
>port     = http,https
>filter   = apache-auth
>logpath  = /var/log/apache*/*error.log
>maxretry = 3
>
>But I tested filling the auth form with erroneous login/password and
>nothing happens! Nothing appeared in /var/log/fail2ban.log...

Show filter.d/apache-auth and show the output of a: tail -F
/var/log/apache*/*error.log while you make the bad requests (you might need to
do a $(find ...) to handle those wildcards - I'm also unsure if f2b deals with
apache*).

Also, if you've logged an invalid request, do yourself a favor and create a
test directory with different files of different failure lines and run
fail2ban-regex against them. Then, when you alter a regex, you can easily see
if something you didn't want changed.